The Canadian Olympic Committee issued a statement condemning t

in SimBin titles 17.05.2019 19:24
von miaowang123 | 90 Beiträge

VANCOUVER - For one game at least, Zack Kassian lived up to his billing as a power forward who can produce points. Kassian recorded four assists to earn the first four-point night of his star-crossed NHL career Sunday night as the Vancouver Canucks rallied to beat his former team, the Buffalo Sabres 4-2. "It was one of those games (where) it seemed the puck followed me," said Kassian. "Its nice personally, but its even better we keep this streak going." The Canucks (33-30-10) have now posted two consecutive wins for the first time since mid-January. Vancouver pulled within three points of eighth-place Phoenix, and one point of ninth-place Dallas in the race for the second wild-card playoff spot in the Western Conference. The Sabres (20-43-8), last in the NHL by a wide margin, suffered their eighth loss in the past 10 games as they squandered an early 2-0 lead. Brad Richardson, Shawn Matthias, Yannick Weber and David Booth, with his first goal in 33 games, scored for the Canucks, who have won five of their last eight contests. The Sabres went ahead 2-0 only 3:29 into the game, but the score was tied 2-2 after the first period and the Canucks led 3-2 following the second. "In this league you cant play good sometimes," said Sabres coach Ted Nolan. "Youve got to play good all the time. Thats a lesson to learn and something we have to do to move forward." Tyler Ennis and Jamie McBain provided the offence for Buffalo. Kassian has often faced criticism since he was traded to Vancouver from the Sabres at the NHL trade deadline in February 2012 in the four-player deal that saw former Canuck fan favourite Cody Hodgson head to Buffalo. Kassian, Buffalos top 2009 draft pick (13th overall) excelled offensively two days after saying he is playing primarily a checking role now while Hodgson is primarily an offensive player. Hodgson, Vancouvers first choice (10th overall) in 2008, went without a point while the Sabres were badly outplayed for most of the game. "Im excited for every game, but obviously you want to play hard against your old team," said Kassian. "You definitely want to get the win, but its nice when you play well individually and as a line." Matthias, who was acquired in the Roberto Luongo trade from Florida, also had two assists while Richardson had one helper. The Canucks had not posted two straight wins since beating the Calgary Flames on Jan. 18, when coach John Tortorella drew a suspension for charging their dressing room between the first and second periods, and Edmonton Oilers on Jan. 21. Vancouver goaltender Eddie Lack overcame a slow start to earn the win. After allowing goals on Buffalos first and third shots of the game, Lack was sharp and finished with 16 saves. "The team did a great job bouncing back," said Lack. "I felt like I wasnt really tracking the puck well the first half of the game but then I just kind of settled down and felt better after that." Vancouvers quick rally from its early deficit spoiled a strong effort from rookie Buffalo goaltender Nathan Lieuwen, a 22-year-old Abbotsford, B.C., native who made just his second NHL career start and third appearance after being promoted from Rochester of the AHL on March 16. He recorded 32 saves as his club was outshot 36-18. "Thats frustrating and thats hockey," he said. "You get some good bounces and you do good things and you make mistakes, so Ill definitely learn from it." Weber scored the winning goal just 1:40 into the second period as he put a shot through Lieuwens legs to give the Canucks a 3-2 lead. Sabres defenceman Mike Weber was close to his Canuck namesake on the play, but Lieuwen said the puck went straight in. "I thought I had it and, obviously, there was a hole," said Lieuwen. "I dont know what to tell you. Thats obviously one that I feel I can obviously save. What a terrible night for that to go in." The goal sullied his "dream come true" of playing in Vancouver, where he has "tonnes of family." Ennis was also left frustrated as he watched the Sabres lead disintegrate after he had McBain had put them ahead. "We heard (Lack) has been shaky, so we wanted to get on him early, and we did," said Ennis. Kassian was not around for the final horn because he took a puck between the eyes, for the second time on the night, with 1:32 left in the game. He needed "about 10 stitches" to repair a cut. "So my face isnt getting any prettier, thats for sure," he said. Notes: Vancouver lost Henrik Sedin to an apparent knee injury late in the second period as he collided with a fallen Buffalo player behind the Sabres net. "I went to hit a guy and he came back off the boards and he fell on top of me, so well see how it is (Monday)," said Sedin. The mishap occurred after the Canucks and NHL honoured the Canucks captain for his 1,000th NHL game, played March 12 in Winnipeg. NHL senior vice-president of hockey operations Jim Gregory represented the league. ... Vancouver forwards Ryan Kesler and Daniel Sedin returned after suffering injuries earlier this month, but Alex Burrows missed the game with a hand injury suffered Thursday against Nashville. ... Hodgson played his 200th NHL regular-season game. … Lack made his 35th start of the season. At the outset of the season, Tortorella indicated he would get 15-20 starts. … Buffalo defenceman Alexander Sulzer, who was acquired with Hodgson from the Canucks, missed his fifth consecutive game with an upper-body injury. … Sabres starting goaltender Michal Neuvirth, acquired from Washington at the trade deadline, also missed his fourth consecutive contest, with a lower-body ailment. … Neuvirth and Matt Hackett, who dressed as Buffalos backup, were traded for each other in the 2007-08 OHL season. Neuvirth went to Windsor from Plymouth while Hackett went the other way. Uchenna Nwosu Jersey . The 33-year-old Spaniard, who held the lead since the second round, turned in a solid final round that featured six birdies and two bogeys to finish on 22-under 266. The victory is Garcias first this year with his last win coming at the Johor Open, an Asian Tour event in Malaysia last December. Kyzir White Jersey . The attacking midfielder arrives on a free transfer from Spains Malaga. The 28-year-old joins Scottish striker Kenny Miller and Argentine midfielder Matias Laba as designated players on the Whitecaps roster. http://www.chargersauthenticofficialonline.com/authentic-uchenna-nwosu-jersey.html . Coming off a 6-0 drubbing at Chelsea on Saturday, Arsenal endured another demoralizing result after rallying for a 2-1 lead -- only to concede a fluke equalizer. Custom Los Angeles Chargers Jerseys . The Red Wings hadnt played the night before. The Boston Bruins had. A month from now, or two months from now, it doesnt matter. But right now it does matter, when you start and you play back to back, its wear and tear on you for sure, Babcock said. Mike Pouncey Chargers Jersey . -- At the beginning of training camp, Andrew Bogut set a goal to play all 82 regular-season games and regain his place among the NBAs best centres. The suicide bombings in Russia serve as a chilling reminder of what the Winter Olympics represent to terrorists: A high-profile target with more than 2,500 athletes, some of them world-famous, waving the flags of nearly 90 nations. Although Canadian athletes are troubled by the 31 lives lost in the two bombings nearly 650 kilometres from Sochi, they are trying to focus on their Olympic goals and are placing their confidence in the security measures enacted by the International Olympic Committee, Russian organizers and government security agencies. "For the athletes, we feel like well be pretty protected over there," said Hayley Wickenheiser, the captain of Canadas womens hockey team, who will compete in her fifth Olympics in February. "But obviously you think about it and you hope that theyre going to figure out the security issue by the time we get over there." Indeed, the Russians vow the athletes will be safe, even though they will be competing in a city just 500 kilometres away from the roots of an Islamist insurgency that has triggered security concerns for the Games, which start Feb. 7. The country has spent a record US$51 billion preparing for its first Winter Games and has promised to make the Games "the safest in Olympic history." Olympic chief Alexander Zhukov said the bombings didnt spark a need for additional security measures because "everything necessary already has been done." The Canadian Olympic Committee issued a statement condemning the attacks and sending its condolences to the families of the victims. COC president Marcel Aubut also said he had confidence in Russias security measures for the Games. "We have complete faith in the Sochi 2014 Organizing Committee in upholding the appropriate security levels at the Olympic Games," said Aubut. "We also believe in their ability to work collaboratively with other governments and National Olympic Committees to ensure that all necessary measures are in place." The threat of terrorism at the Olympics has been in the forefront since 1972, when members of a Palestinian terrorist group invaded the Olympic village in Munich, Germany and killed 11 Israeli athletes. Security rose to a new level at the 2002 Salt Lake City Games, which came only five months after the Sept. 11 attacks. Improvements in technology, along with ever-present threats of terrorism, have turned security into a top priority for any country hoping to host the Olympics. "I think Ill be safe out there," said Reginas Kali Christ, a long-track speedskater who will be making her Olympic debut at the Sochi Games. "The IOC and the COC and everyone have taken precautions and it should be good. "Im going to be focused on me so Im going to try not to worry about any of that, really.ddddddddddddIll be just worrying about my process and its all there is to it." Among the security measures Russia has put in place for this years games is a requirement that all ticketholders obtain and wear "spectator passes" while attending events. To get a spectator pass, fans have to provide passport and contact information to authorities. On Monday, IOC president Thomas Bach wrote a condolence letter to Russian President Vladimir Putin in which he expressed "our confidence in the Russian authorities to deliver safe and secure games in Sochi." Meanwhile, a number of Olympic leaders and federations signalled their confidence in the host country. "When we come to Sochi, it will be impossible for the terrorists to do anything," Norwegian IOC member Gerhard Heiberg said. "The village will be sealed off from the outside world. Security has been our priority No. 1 ever since Sochi got the games." The U.S. Olympic Committee works closely with the State Department on its security arrangements. A White House spokeswoman said the United States would welcome "closer co-operation" with Russia on security preparations for the Games. Canadians are also relying on the work of their police and security forces. "I know that the RCMP is in communications with their local police and the COC is in charge of keeping us safe and its not one of my worries and that someone is keeping me safe," said Ottawas Vincent de Haitre, a speedskater who will also be making his Olympic debut. "I think the Olympics are a great international event where everybody performs at their best and hopefully everything goes well." Since the widespread use of metal detectors was introduced to the Olympics in 2002, every subsequent Olympics has brought its own set of challenges and responses. At the Beijing Olympics in 2008, Chinese authorities introduced identity checks for opening and closing ceremonies. In London last year, there were no identity checks, but combat jets patrolled the city, and surface-to-air missiles were set up on rooftops. Russias security effort is greater than those of either of those countries, said Matthew Clements, an analyst at Janes, in a recent interview with The Associated Press. Three-time Olympic ski jumping champion Thomas Morgenstern of Austria said he remembers seeing sharp shooters roaming the woods in Sochi during a World Cup event last year. "Of course youre having thoughts about it. But when we are at the Olympic Games, that will be one of the safest places for sure," Morgenstern said. "I think they are in control." Wholesale MLB Orioles Jerseys Red Sox Jerseys From China Discount Yankees Jerseys Online Rays Jerseys For Sale Blue Jays Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB White Sox Jerseys Indians Jerseys For Sale Tigers Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Astros Jerseys Cheap Baseball Angels Jerseys Athletics Jerseys From China Mariners Jerseys For Sale Cheap Baseball Rangers Jerseys Braves Jerseys For Sale Discount Marlins Jerseys Online Discount Mets Jerseys Online Phillies Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Nationals Jerseys Cubs Jerseys From China Discount Reds Jerseys Online Brewers Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Pirates Jerseys Wholesale MLB Cardinals Jerseys Diamondbacks Jerseys For Sale Rockies Jerseys For Sale Discount Dodgers Jerseys Online Discount Padres Jerseys Online Giants Jerseys For Sale ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: miaowang123
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 323 Themen und 3376 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Besucherrekord: 341 Benutzer (15.06.2014 02:04).